Racetorations breather kit

Has anyone fitted one of these to a TR6 recently. After some deliberation and not having much time to source various bits and make adaptors etc I decided to purchase one.

Eventually had time to look at fitting it today and two points became apparent , firstly the three pipes supplied are just a push fit into the fiberglass tank and I wonder if they could vibrate  loose.

Secondly the pipe from the rocker cover is going to be long and untidy or have three tight bends in it, so my thought is to turn the cover round so that the breather outlet is on the opposite side and only requires one 90 degree bend. Apart from the adaptor for the crankcase and a few tie wraps no other fittings have been supplied.

Any thoughts or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

23 minutes ago, brian -r said:

Has anyone fitted one of these to a TR6 recently. After some deliberation and not having much time to source various bits and make adaptors etc I decided to purchase one.

Eventually had time to look at fitting it today and two points became apparent , firstly the three pipes supplied are just a push fit into the fiberglass tank and I wonder if they could vibrate  loose.

Secondly the pipe from the rocker cover is going to be long and untidy or have three tight bends in it, so my thought is to turn the cover round so that the breather outlet is on the opposite side and only requires one 90 degree bend. Apart from the adaptor for the crankcase and a few tie wraps no other fittings have been supplied.

Any thoughts or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

The pipes are a good fit usually and Ive never had one come out, the rocker cover ones are usually designed to go with their rocker cover that has an outlet on the left rear so its a neat short pipe in. I dont think you could turn the cover round without risking the filler hitting the bonnet.Ive got mine on a 4a and it works well albeit with a long pipe from the rocker breather.

Stuart.

photo1754.thumb.jpg.fc72a2ec7544cd29db368f16b7b234af.jpg

And here’s one fitted to my 6, showing the left rear fitting Stuart describes.

Steve

DE4F1AD2-E744-4626-BE71-8589302961DF.jpeg

I managed to find just the bare box on e-bay and as per my usual Heath Robinson cost conscious mods( that you must be used to by now!!) I modified it myself with 2 inlets 1 from rocker and 1 from crank, 1 large outlet all from spare rubber pipe and plumbing fittings. Mounted on rubber bobbins. 
The inlet pipes go to the bottom of the tank but are cross drilled to let the vapour out at all levels and allows it to work as it fills.

I placed stainless pan scrubbers in the bottom half for the vapour to condense on to with a Ali plate cover that is drilled to allow the clean(er) air out

i added a plugged drain hole at the bottom. 
I do get some gunky stuff out the bottom but this is a symptom of damp air and lots of short sprints on race days when the oil struggles to stay hot. Fitted in 2017 for competition So it’s going it’s job well for about £40.

F41DA637-A15E-4E77-A97B-CA806D07ADFD.jpeg

252F6BA2-D756-4DED-9560-6616F4B201F5.jpeg

C4690A46-1CB1-473B-A9EC-3C842E7CD10B.jpeg

C61217BE-8E7D-428B-963E-F83D55C4CFCE.jpeg

9CBDB01A-F0E2-469F-BA0C-3153491CC7FE.jpeg

1B43CFDD-F138-40FE-BA5D-6267A42773AD.jpeg

BD887456-6ADA-4E31-B971-D803231AE964.jpeg

Got the Racetourations one on the 6 but had a bigger breather welded into the alloy rocker cover. (it used to breathe rather more in the past)

Opted for something smaller on the 4A but used the rocker breather and one from a modified fuel pump blanking plate (not an option if you use the Lucas PI on the 6 pots).