I was having a chat with somebody that used to rebuild TR’s for a living, they said there’s was an issue with some wing fitting kits in that the fittings weren’t hardened and so stripped when being done up, any body experienced this/ recommend a supplier of a kit that won’t strip 

ATB Graham 

Always get mine from TR Shop, they work fine, you may well find the ones that tend to strip are the ones with 10mm spanner size headed screws That look like ACME screws. The correct ones are the 7/16" headed ones with a flat ended coarse threaded screw

Stuart.

46 minutes ago, stuart said:

Always get mine from TR Shop, they work fine, you may well find the ones that tend to strip are the ones with 10mm spanner size headed screws That look like ACME screws. The correct ones are the 7/16" headed ones with a flat ended coarse threaded screw

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart just pulled one of the rear wings of and it was fitted with 13mm nuts and bolts, not a PITA to remove at all :ph34r:

ATB Graham 

Edited by Graham

Hi

My recent experience is that 10mm hex screws just are no good, similarly the spire clips for them need a lot of persuading to take a 7 1/16 hex screw. Buy the right ones and the job is much simpler.

regards

Tony 

I bought a set of stainless screws/rings from e-bay, not expensive. They had the 10 mm head and the rings were missing the flat side, so I ordered new suitable rings.

I regretted this sale but did not go through the effort of shipping them back.

Waldi