Inner wing bonnet gap adjustment

Apologies for monopolising the forum with questions but my whole life has been dominated by the mantra ‘ aspiration over ability’ so always like to seek advice of those that know more than me ……which is most. 

when trial fitting the bonnet I have a 3/4 inch gap between the inner wing and the bonnet on the front passenger side at the bulkhead it’s a more reasonable 5/16 of an inch. It would appear to me that the front of the inner wing is running out? The car has been front ended at some time so wondering if this might be the cause and what the solution might be

941AAB5B-E867-4955-9284-0EAE8C829F5B.jpeg

Take the wing off and bend the inner wing in to suit the bonnet gap allowing for the wedge rubbers that go in the channel then refit the wing. Ive had to do this quite a few times, Sash clamps are your friend there.. FWIW Ive also had to bend them out before now as the bonnet was sat on the top edge of the wings on an abandoned project. It also needed a tweak to get the inner wing front end up as well.

Stuart.

jeffs tr5 019.jpg

jeffs tr5 020.jpg

jeffs tr5 025.jpg

jeffs tr5 026.jpg

8 hours ago, stuart said:

Take the wing off and bend the inner wing in to suit the bonnet gap allowing for the wedge rubbers that go in the channel then refit the wing. Ive had to do this quite a few times, Sash clamps are your friend there.. FWIW Ive also had to bend them out before now as the bonnet was sat on the top edge of the wings on an abandoned project. It also needed a tweak to get the inner wing front end up as well.

Stuart.

jeffs tr5 019.jpg

jeffs tr5 020.jpg

jeffs tr5 025.jpg

jeffs tr5 026.jpg

Thanks Stuart 

5 hours ago, harrytr5 said:

Graham,

I have adapted a huge sash clamp for this very work and re-adapted it for a TR6. You know where I am if you want to borrow.

Huge thank you to Stuart for showing the pictures.Everyday is a school day!

Regards Harry

Harry many thanks may well take you up on your offer,  I’m going to get the car of its original chassis and onto its CTM one, hopefully next week , then will see where everything ends up. 

ATB Graham