On board with Mike Hawthorn at Le mans

Spotted this Mike Hawthorn Le Mans video with on board filming and commentary 

just look at the kit !!

then realise the roads are open to all traffic

Edited by Hamish

Interesting to compare with my videos of various 'track laps' I have done over the years at the Classic. Of course, the Mulsanne straight has a great kink in it now but otherwise very similar except for the surrounding terrain. Now there is very much more woodland around the circuit. That contrasts with Hamish's father's films of English tracks where they are now much more open.

Miles

18 hours ago, Hamish said:

Sorry John don’t frequent the TSSC.

May I, please, giving you a credit?    I won't be parading - I'm going to CLM in the TRansit - and anyway, the last time I did, it was so crowded with mimsers that it wasn't worth it.   But lots are and they need to know what it's really like!

John

3 hours ago, john.r.davies said:

May I, please, giving you a credit?    I won't be parading - I'm going to CLM in the TRansit - and anyway, the last time I did, it was so crowded with mimsers that it wasn't worth it.   But lots are and they need to know what it's really like!

John

John yes share away 

no need for credit as it’s not mine and the YouTube channel where it originates will get more “hits” so good all round. 
:D

Gosh, I'm amazed!  "Mimser" is almost a Googleplex, in that it almost doesn't appear on a Google search.   I fact, it only gets 5000 hits, most of which cheat by being sites that will find a Scrabble word from the letters in mimser.   But it has been used, on the Honest John site, where it is correctly defined as "a slow, unaware, obstructive driver", and the claim made that it was coined by no less than Bill Boddy of MotorSport magazine.   https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=68443

It has a good etymological background - 'mimsy" - which is no doubt were Lewis Carroll got his " All mimsy were the borogoves; And the mome raths outgrabe" (Jabberwocky)

You are welcome to use it, Tim!  

John