TR250 surrey top H frame fit

Can anyone help me re. the H frame fit on my new GRP backlight & surrey top fit. I'm puzzled on how the rear tension mechanism works on the rear of the H frame. Do I need to drill 2 holes in the new backlight to accommodate the tensioning part of the frame so the nut/washer can be moved in or out or does the nut just presses against the backlight?

thanks

20 minutes ago, John B said:

Can anyone help me re. the H frame fit on my new GRP backlight & surrey top fit. I'm puzzled on how the rear tension mechanism works on the rear of the H frame. Do I need to drill 2 holes in the new backlight to accommodate the tensioning part of the frame so the nut/washer can be moved in or out or does the nut just presses against the backlight?

thanks

There should be two locating holes in the forward return edge of the backlight for the frame to locate into and then the nut tensions up against it.

Stuart.

12 minutes ago, John B said:

Thanks Stuart, it looks like I have to drill the holes in the forward edge of this GRP backlight.

Have a look to see if theres a dimple in the front face to guide you, Ive only had them before that already had the holes in them.

Stuart.

9 hours ago, stuart said:

Have a look to see if theres a dimple in the front face to guide you, Ive only had them before that already had the holes in them.

Stuart.

Same with mine, I'm sure they are meant to come pre-drilled

David 

20 hours ago, John B said:

thanks

Hi John

Welcome to the forum

I  make a protection plate that stops that area getting to badly damaged.

It has the holes in the correct place for both the roof attachment and the adjuster nut.

I also make a more convenient adjuster nut if you are interested. (ignore the knurl quality - it was an early trial)

Roger

P1010940a.jpg

P1030596a.jpg

Edited by RogerH