Would somebody be able to post a pic or 2 of how the front inner wing should be attached  to the top of front panel, and the front panel fixed to the inner wings round the headlamp buckets. My car has had a ‘nose job’ at some time in its life and every panel including the front wings have been welded on. I’m slowly unpicking it all trying to only cut the (awful) patches that are holding it all together, but I don’t have any reference as to what is correct but just badly welded and what shouldbe bolted.

I think the inner wings should be welded to the front panel at the top and the upper and lower front panels should be welded together but the rest should all be bolted…….:wacko:

ATB Graham 

34 minutes ago, BRINDUS44 said:

Graham,

These might help; Originally attached with spotwelds on all flanges with possibly some brazing where the front of the inner wing drain channel sits on top of the headlamp panel.

ATB

Ian

FR Inner to Fr panel.JPG

FR Inner to Fr panel2.jpg

Ian 

these are really helpful do you have one of the inner wing to the top of the front panel joint ? 

many thanks Graham 

23D233F9-BFDB-4788-A648-410FF04A451E.thumb.jpeg.7c0b79e0a89ca62425ef80b0f3f85269.jpegMy panel looks like this at the moment and I think what I need to do is either, separate the inner wing from the front panel and close the split shown in the photo or it might jus be easier to weld it up. …….

Just now, BRINDUS44 said:

Hi Graham,

Any good ?

Ian

FR Inner to Fr panel3.jpg

Brilliant thanks 

just as an aside, if you follow the pic that brandus 44 has placed, look at the O/side wing and note the 4 visible bolt holes shown in the pic to connect the top of the wing to the inner wing, but ahead of the nearest hole at the front you will note a smaller hole.

That hole is to take a self tapper and secure the front of the stainless steel wing finisher. I have not seen this before, until I bought my TR250.

Hi Graham, That point where the inner wing rain channel joins the front panel, and is welded on, is quite critical in determining the width across the front of the car and consequently the fit and shut lines of the bonnet, so it's best, if you unpick the welds, to position everything with both front wings and the bonnet in place before you re-weld that point.

cheers Rob  

17 hours ago, Rob Salisbury said:

Hi Graham, That point where the inner wing rain channel joins the front panel, and is welded on, is quite critical in determining the width across the front of the car and consequently the fit and shut lines of the bonnet, so it's best, if you unpick the welds, to position everything with both front wings and the bonnet in place before you re-weld that point.

cheers Rob  

Or just use a tape measure ;)

Stuart.