BOSCH Fuel Pump

13 hours ago, danny_tr6 said:

BOSCH  Fuel Pump Hi can someone tell me what is the model number for a replacement bosch pump

I have always used Bosch 0-580-254-952 which originally came from Martin's Injection who was one of the originators of using a Bosch Pump through KMI who are still in business.

Bruce.

I have always used a Bosch unit ending in 996 which certainly would appear to be the unit of choice.

Alan G

4 hours ago, cp25616 said:

I have always used a Bosch unit ending in 996 which certainly would appear to be the unit of choice.

Alan G

Indeed that was the pump of choice back in the 1990s when the trend to swap out the lucas pump started.

unfortunately bosch discontinued that pump decades ago and don’t really offer a direct replacement.

They do come up on ebay sometimes, i bought a spare there and swap them over in the car every couple of years to check the ‘spare’ still works!

note thst the amp draw is higher with the bosch pump and so a relay and dedicated, fused, feed and good earthing is prudent

sytec do offer quality pumps of suitable spec, but i dont know the part numbers 

steve

thanks a bit more background I bought the tr6 150bhp about 18years ago and stop using it 5 years ago ,it had a bosch pump on it put seized so I bought a cheap chinese  pump but still couldn't get the tr working so pushed back in the garage and left it .  So I tried again, had the metering unit and the injecrtors refurbed and electric ignition cleaned out the tank, and it run nice now . but runs only for about 3 minutes and cuts out .i fitted pressure gauge and just before cuts out the pressure drops to about 60 psi and the pump is really hot so. I wondered what pumps the conversion kits are fitting nowadays if the original are no longer made by bosch ?

Hi Danny

the original pump was by Lucas, based upon a wiper motor pump but despite this it worked well.

in about the 1990’s many people started replacing tired lucas pumps with the 996 bosch, which iirc was from a posrche

today lots of kits are available from the regular suppliers, they work well but are quite expensive

the pi needs more than 70psi to operate the injectors, spec is 105psi, so your 60psi isnt going to work.

whereabouts are you located as a local member might be able to help, or biy a kit from one of the regular suppliers

steve

Hello ,
The following pumps have proven themselves
0 580 464 126 12 mm suction nozzle or 0580 254 911 15 mm suction nozzle. Both pumps have a current consumption of less than 8 A
ALWAYS use with safety relay !!!! This means that the pump only runs when the machine is running. Regulation in Germany!
And also useful.
Many greetings
Ralf

This is the one that TRGB used to supply with their conversion kits, I have around 10k miles on one of these. Note that the pressure on PI needs dropping to 95psi with this setup, as per Gary Bates' recommendation.

https://www.glencoeltd.co.uk/hi-fuel-pumps/hi-out-of-tank-fuel-injection-pumps/hi-otp019-out-tank-fuel-injection-pump-o-e-0580254910/

Ian

On 6/12/2022 at 4:26 PM, danny_tr6 said:

thanks a bit more background I bought the tr6 150bhp about 18years ago and stop using it 5 years ago ,it had a bosch pump on it put seized so I bought a cheap chinese  pump but still couldn't get the tr working so pushed back in the garage and left it .  So I tried again, had the metering unit and the injecrtors refurbed and electric ignition cleaned out the tank, and it run nice now . but runs only for about 3 minutes and cuts out .i fitted pressure gauge and just before cuts out the pressure drops to about 60 psi and the pump is really hot so. I wondered what pumps the conversion kits are fitting nowadays if the original are no longer made by bosch ?

This is another TR myth there are a number of Bosch pumps that will work Lucas PI. See my earlier response to your thread, My info came direct from Bosch engineering at Denham in the UK. Glencoe who are in Staines supply  Bosch and Sytec pumps, the Saloon boys use Sytec OTP019 from these people. This Sytec pump also replaces Bosch 0580254952 which was originally speced in as a Lucas replacement by Bosch. 

all fix nail, put Sytec OTP019 on  my tr6 which put unfortunately  that was not the problem, it was still getting hot and cutting out ,so the only thing left was the PRV so i stripped it down only to find it was completely  blocked after carefully cleaning out its running  fine thanks for the help.

Good to hear all fixed and I suspect having a new pump will give some peace of mind...

Plus, thanks for the thread to clarify the Sytec option before the Bosch completely unobtainuim.

IIRC, there's an upgraded PRV option if you're continues to be troublesome.  I'm sure someone will let us know where it's best sourced from?