New TR6 owner (in a week or so)

That will look nice I would bet, great colour combo

Yes hook removed.

Hi Guys,

Looks like I'd better change my ID photo and remove the TR6 and replace with my TR4A!  I am pleased with Jonny's enthusiasm over buying my car, I know it will serve him well. Absolutely no chance of ever getting the TR rust demon with its new chassis and new Heritage body panels. 

Sorry to see it go but 'tempus fugit'. I still have my 4A (and Sunbeam Tiger), so will  still be active on the Forum and keeping up with news etc.

Happy motoring Jonny.

Rich

1 hour ago, rvwp said:

Hi Guys,

Looks like I'd better change my ID photo and remove the TR6 and replace with my TR4A!  I am pleased with Jonny's enthusiasm over buying my car, I know it will serve him well. Absolutely no chance of ever getting the TR rust demon with its new chassis and new Heritage body panels. 

Sorry to see it go but 'tempus fugit'. I still have my 4A (and Sunbeam Tiger), so will  still be active on the Forum and keeping up with news etc.

Happy motoring Jonny.

Rich

Thanks Rich - talking to you has given me complete faith that the work you’ve done on it would be everything that I’d want to do, but with the benefit of your background in engineering, I’m sure it will be to a much greater standard.

There will be things for me to get stuck in to I’m sure, but that’s half the joy of ownership of an old car, keeping up with regular and preventative maintenance.

See you Saturday !

Up at 2.30am for a 540 mile round trip with my chum Rex to collect the TR6.

it’s in really nice condition, underside is superb. Got battered by torrential rain on the way home, but the car came through it with flying colours, although totally covered in road grime and spray, so a good wash will be on the cards.

Lots of nice little jobs to get stuck into - including swapping out the 15” wheel for a wooden Moto-Lia, although that needs a refurb first.

Collection and tucked up at home pics.

4CDF07DA-3759-457F-BC44-9D4AA94079D9.jpeg

FBBAA701-B266-4D8E-9075-A891D89EA152.jpeg

Edited by Jonny TR6

Crikey, an average speed of 72 mph!!!!!!!

Regards

Bill 

Bet you were glad you did not have to drive it home in those conditions.

Left at 4.30am, but woke up early etc

Pootled back at 60mpg where conditions allowed. Think average was about 57 over the whole journey.

Already been busy - although it’s Father’s Day, my son was off playing tennis, so I got some man cave time.

Will start a new thread with my progress. Already have some things for the forum experts !

Lovely car, well done for getting her home safely. Thorough cleaning after the trip will be a great way to get to know her better, a job you're bound to enjoy!

Nigel

Nige - you’re absolutely spot on !

Nothing like stripping a car right down to get to know it. All good so far :-)

Edited by Jonny TR6

Forgot to mention - about 30 miles outside of Weymouth, around 8.30 am I saw a Carmine Red ? TR6 and gave the driver a thumbs up. I was in the Merc ML towing a trailer.

Very spooky - I can't remember the last time I saw one on the road. Easily 10s of years ago.

54 minutes ago, Jonny TR6 said:

Forgot to mention - about 30 miles outside of Weymouth, around 8.30 am I saw a Carmine Red ? TR6 and gave the driver a thumbs up. I was in the Merc ML towing a trailer.

Very spooky - I can't remember the last time I saw one on the road. Easily 10s of years ago.

I’m in Weymouth and own a red tr6. It wasn’t me though