I know that this is a much discussed topic but I have uneven tyre wear on my TR3a.  I have seen various posts recommending somewhere between 0 and 1/2 degree toe-in for a R&P set up but is that across the car or each wheel?

Rgds Ian

Only a starting point Ian but it's across the car and then change the toe in to suit what you want. More toe gives more understeer.

Mick Richards

There are some very experienced sidescreen drivers who reckon 1 degree toe out improves the steering markedly.

I am no expert by any imagination but I did spend quite a lot of time and where possible cheap option fixes to get my car to handle better before I had more power.  That seems to still work now I have a little bit more power.

I still have the steering box too. 
I run the tyres parallel. 7/8 front ARB ( spitfire),stiffer front springs, 4a castor and some camber with second hand CR6zz 70 profile tyres to enable over 100mph speeds.

aintree is the fastest track I go to with a couple straights over 100mph and some faster corners with a big bump going into beachers but I don’t consider this bump steer, the surface is old and bumpy so more “road” like.  Have a look - it doesn’t seem to wander.

34 minutes ago, Drewmotty said:

Any degree of toe out makes my car wander on a straight road. 

+1  Normal road driving, especially on cambered roads means the toe out drags the front to one side then the other.

Conversely the toe in gives an understeer which stabilises the direction of the car to run true dead ahead, which is neutralised when the throttle is applied.

Mick Richards