Nick, 

The brake light switch is mounted on a plate as part of the brake and clutch pedal box in the drivers footwell. It’s in contact with the brake pedal so that when the pedal is depressed to apply the brakes the switch plunger extends to operate the lights. 
Disconnect the 2 electrical connections. 
The switch has 2 fixing nuts, one each side of the plate that it’s attached to which allows you to adjust it for the best actuating position. Undo the nut on the plunger side and withdraw the switch from the plate. 
Repeat in reverse to fit a replacement. 
Dave McD

I now see that you have another thread on the same topic. 
I should have mentioned that it helps if you can take on the characteristics of a contortionist. Lay on your back upside down with your back on the seat squab, feet up in the air and head under the footwell. Take a variety of spanner’s in with you before you start! 
Dave McD

1 hour ago, Dave McDonald said:

I now see that you have another thread on the same topic. 
I should have mentioned that it helps if you can take on the characteristics of a contortionist. Lay on your back upside down with your back on the seat squab, feet up in the air and head under the footwell. Take a variety of spanner’s in with you before you start! 
Dave McD

It is best to remove the drivers seat first, unless you are very thin. I did that job last weekend!

Bruce.