Hi guys

I have installed Iumenition ignition and the car is so much better. I did not change the coil it as been on from when the car was restored, it’s always performed well but just wondering if I should upgrade or not. A picture of what’s fitted if that’s relevant.

2D76F13A-7349-47B5-9CED-B385FA712268.thumb.jpeg.45f999cdebbfcf6efa895742455b78da.jpeg

If it's working I'd leave it alone with the exception that  I'd relocate it away from the block to a cooler operating position. My coil is mounted  on the firewall next to the windscreen washer bottle.

It looks like a Lucas Gold coil. 

I’m not sure what benefit changing the coil would achieve. An adequate spark is just that. 

I would have a spare in the boot (or set up on the inner wing for a quick swap of leads) but generally they are pretty reliable and long lived so I wouldn’t change for the sake of it. Something like a Bosch blue would make a good spare rather than spending money on one with a fancy name and cost that reflects the marketing. Just make sure you have the correct coil. The CR 6s had a coil that required a ballast resistor the CPs had a 12v 3 ohm coil and no ballast resistor wire.