TR4 Radiator Grille

Due to a most unfortunate event, I'm looking for an original Stanpart Grille. Has anyone got one loafing around in their Garage/

Cheers

Geoff

Hi Geoff, I reckon i can help you out with a good used one.

Let me know if you are interested and need pics .

Conrad.

Hi

Sorry to hear that you need one ! Remember that the new ones are about 1/4 inch bigger all round than the originals, so you need to shape the bodywork around it otherwise the it interferes and scratches the paint off.

Just spent some hours on this myself.

Regards

Tony

8D874484-0BB6-422A-B171-201288FBB313.jpeg

Hi Conrad,

I am very interested in your offer.  We could exchange E addresses for pics etc.

Many thanks

Geoff

Edited by TR4Geoff
Delete telephone number

Hi Roger,

Good advice, I know. For one reason and another, I don't think I've been on the Forum since it was updated, so I'm on a learning curve, but we're getting there! I've looked at the Grilles on ebay, unfortunately they're not worth pursuing and the modern versions don't fit! Hopefully I will do business with Conrad.

Don't know if you heard on the local TR grapevine, but in early April I "lost" the very front of the "4" due to inept driving by a Third Party. Bonnet, Bumper, Front Panels, Grille, Rad, Oil Cooler,  O/S wing & Inner Wing all gone, Wheel Arch assembly damaged but saveable. Current estimate £17K with Rees Bros. The positive news is that the "new" Wings and Bonnets seem to fit pretty well.

All the best      Geoff

PS. The Third Party's Insurers admitted liability within 48 hours!

Hi Tony,

These new Grilles are very disappointing, as you say, they are too big and there are other problems, hence my quest for a Stanpart original.

5VC is looking good - any ETA yet?

Cheers

Geoff

5 hours ago, TR4Geoff said:

Hi Tony,

These new Grilles are very disappointing, as you say, they are too big and there are other problems, hence my quest for a Stanpart original.

5VC is looking good - any ETA yet?

Cheers

Geoff

Hi Geoff

Soon I hope … wiring is a challenge and a few frustrating issues with new parts (no sh1t I hear you say !) but it’s getting there.

Three other half built cars in the air too, so only myself to blame but found some great people to help over the last few years so all should be done this year.

Regards

Tony