Revington overhead throttle linkage

Gents

I am contemplating one of Revington's overhead throttle linkages for my 1974 CR.

Does anyone have any experience of these?

My TBs/spindles are good, but the linkage is worn,  hence the contemplation.....

Does anyone have a copy of the fitting instructions, so I can anticipate what I may encounter??

At over £400, I'd like to know what is involved, before I break the car down.......

Thanks!!

Hi John,

A cheaper alternative is to order the ball-linkages and new PU bushes.

That’s what I did for my CP.

Cheers,
Waldi

Agree with the above, over £400 for something that is no better then the original, although the CR set up is poor. Find a set of CP manifolds and linkage and welcome the improvements.

Alan G

Hi John

Have you considered contacting.  https://fredmillturnparts.com/parts-list-and-ordering/?fbclid=IwAR18wQ_hKEXBb_ux-Q7vDhjQ8NA4RXuqUVviI1FcrysRo3pv-rd8bwgy21o Bound to have every thing you need along with improvements for a lot less. No connection to me but a nice guy to deal with.

Andy

4 minutes ago, PodOne said:

Hi John

Have you considered contacting.  https://fredmillturnparts.com/parts-list-and-ordering/?fbclid=IwAR18wQ_hKEXBb_ux-Q7vDhjQ8NA4RXuqUVviI1FcrysRo3pv-rd8bwgy21o Bound to have every thing you need along with improvements for a lot less. No connection to me but a nice guy to deal with.

Andy

+ 1

I've fitted Fred Millturn throttle link rods to my CP series 6. Excellent kit.

Nigel

I fitted the Revington kit, managed to bend a part of it when fitting, I wasn't impressed with the quality of the materials for the money.

He also comments on aftermarket linkage and how they are inferior to the original set up here.

Gareth

35 minutes ago, Mk2 Chopper said:

He also comments on aftermarket linkage and how they are inferior to the original set up here.

Gareth

That is exactly what I found with aftermarket link rods. 

Nigel

Malcolm at Prestige Injection used to sell an overhead linkage, that I have on my engine.    It's simple and works very well.

The business now being run from TR TRader, ask Carl Fitchett: http://prestigeinjection.net/prv.htm

image.png.1809a7fb9bc191d7e0d4ae050dfea631.png

2 hours ago, john.r.davies said:

Malcolm at Prestige Injection used to sell an overhead linkage, that I have on my engine.

I have the same type on mine CP inlets and, while it looks somewhat "agricultural", it's solidly constructed. (I went for Prestige because I was told that the Revington is not so rigid, but have no first-hand experience.) However, the adjustable linkages gave some trouble as the rose joints were stiff. Despite also having Malcolm's bearing-modified throttle spindles, the throttles wouldn't reliably return to closed unless I snapped the throttle shut. I tried increasing 3-off return spring tension, and Malcolm was happy to talk through the problem and made some suggestions, but in the end I solved it with crinkle washers and nylocs at the throttle shaft lever, such that there was rotational movement on the thread shaft as the throttle rotated. Not ideal, but it got me going. I also found that the balance adjustment was quite coarse because of the usual RH and LH (standard) metric threads into a coupling rod, making the thread pitches additive. It works but I think it's not as good as the original Triumph system with a single fine-pitch imperial thread.

Cheers, Richard

CP and CR linkages are different. A rebuilt CP one will be OK.

The CR one was a mishmash and near impossible to balance when in perfect order. 

Rivington linkage resolves those issues and makes balancing easier on CP and CR.

Gents

Does anyone/can anyone confirm if the Revington linkage faciltates individual TB adjustments, like on a CP?

In my situation, that is primarily what I would like to achieve.

My TB balancing is pretty good, but I would like to 'pinch back' a smidgen more!!

The other 'general wear' from pedal to TBs, I can correct/have a handle on, as regards correction.

Sadly, Carl Fitchett no longer supplies Prestige's Overhead linkage.

On 5/29/2022 at 10:54 AM, john.r.davies said:

Malcolm at Prestige Injection used to sell an overhead linkage, that I have on my engine.    It's simple and works very well.

The business now being run from TR TRader, ask Carl Fitchett: http://prestigeinjection.net/prv.htm

image.png.1809a7fb9bc191d7e0d4ae050dfea631.png

Coo, a mandrel bent pulse manifold.

1-6, 2-5, 3-4

Is it as fabulous as the 'designer' claimed?

Hi John

i bought the Fredmillturn link rods & works fine. I’m not sure if the overhead linkage mentioned fits the CR throttles. If you go down this route I would check before ordering.

alan