Shims to adjust camber on front wheels

Hi

After a full front suspension rebuild I can see we camber is quite out on one of the wheels and think I will need to put in a shim or two but the my local supply shop has sold out.

ordering from the UK to Denmark due to Brexit is a real pain so I was wondering if anybody else has any other suggestions as I have a car booked into a mechanic for a week time for both camber and wheel alignment.  I guess one question is are shims generic?

Richard

Edited by AarhusTr6

Does the local shop stock Spitfire parts?

If so I think part no 122022 shim that goes in the same place on a Spitfire/GT6 can be reduced in length and used on a TR.  

Have Moss Paris or Anglo Parts Belgium not got stock?  Then there is the host of German classic car spares stockists.   At least you are in the same commercial continent as them, unlike the UK.

Are these stockists any use in DK?   https://www.classic-center.dk/pl/Bilmærker-Triumph-TR-2-4A-Styrtøj_143343.aspx

Peter W

Hi Peter

Thanks for your help and yes the link that you send me is the local guy that I use but it is not a particularly large warehouse he has

I guess I may have to try some of the German suppliers

Richard 

The thing is I’m not sure if the shims I am ordering well actually help here?   It looks to me that the cam is very excessive but I think the tracking is way off so I think the next best step is to get that done first and then see where I am??

image.jpg

Edited by AarhusTr6

Hi Richard,

the shims are just stamped from sheet metal, so can easily be replicated at home if you want. But if a shop has to do that (labour rate), you may be better off ordering some before the alignment.

My TR parts supplier in Holland (post-Brexit I prefer ordering in the EU-mainland, no longer in the UK unfortunately) is Nico Baas, here is a direct link, so you could order a set from him:

https://triumphcentre.nl/webwinkel/?module=catalogus&class=catalogus&event=showWerktekening&lcCatPk=ZZ0000000070068#

He sells used parts too and is very help-full.

No connections, just a satisfied customer.

Cheers,
Waldi