Over the last couple of months Tom, a real Doretti and Triumph enthusiast, has not been in communication, but now his son, Chad Householder, has recently posted on Facebook that

"Yesterday, a brain tumor was discovered in Tom Householder. He was diagnosed with an aggressive B cell lymphoma. He has been confined to an assisted living facility for the duration and is actively receiving chemo therapy. Unfortunately his physical and mental state is rapidly declining. Say a prayer or send positive vibes into the ethos."

My thoughts are with Tom and his family.

Tom is one of the founders of what's now the Triumph Register of America, having posted a card on his local TR dealer's parts department bulletin board reading "Anyone want to start a car club?" around 1970.  He got the idea when he looked out at his TR shipping out in the US Navy from Jacksonville and thought how cool it would be to see an entire carpark full of TRs.

Tom is my longest TR friend -- I met him in 1979 when we both worked at the same research institute and I had my first TR, a TR250.  Over the decades he's been more than generous with his knowledge and parts for my TR3B -- which he helped me find in the summer of 1981.  An inveterate collector, with a dedication to Doretti that had to be seen to be believed.  

Tom knew something was wrong at the end of 2021, and with his tumor diagnosis and surgery in February-March, it's been tough.  Keep him in your thoughts.

Here he is with his wife Suzie (whom we lost a year and a bit ago) when we met up for dinner a few years ago.

i-VFvp3js-X5.jpg

Edited by Don H.