These shims are not currently available via Moss etc. My question is whether there is anything special about them or can I use plain washers to adjust the position of the dog Bolt head. The head position is important to allow the starting handle to engage at the optimum point. If these shims are different to plain washers, does anyone know where they are obtainable from or have any they would like to pass on - cost/postage I would cover.

Many thanks 

Rob

I'd guess they were made from a quite hard material like the washers under the cyl hd nuts.  If not hard they may well yield under the torgue applied to the dog bolt (120 Lbs Ft)

Why are you bothered?  The orientation of the starting handle for compression stroke will be useful if you intend to hand start the engine.

Peter 

That is the intention. I have a re-cored radiator with the starting handle hole and I just want to get the Dog bolt set-up right.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Just dug through the engine drawer and found two shims fitted on a dog bolt.

They are 0.0175" thick  id of just under 7/8" and od of just over 1.1/8"

PM me your address and I will put the 2 shims in the post to you.

image.thumb.png.11cda95c417591b6238d843e38f4dcbc.png