Hi folks

I might be doing something stupid my end but have E Bay changed the way it works in terms of searching for items?

Eg I've use "triumph TR6 car parts", "triumph TR6 car parts used" or "triumph TR car parts" as search terms for years now and its worked fine using Newly listed or Best Match. 

Last few days all I get is listings days or weeks old with none of the usual folk who list parts on there.

Any pointers?

Thanks

Andy

Ebay has changed - it used to be where you looked for used parts, but nowadays it's mainly new items, 'brand new', just like Amazon.

Are you using the Category selector - far right of the search box - to stipulate "Car Parts & Accessories"?

And the "Best Match" selector (two lines below that)  that will choose "Newly listed"?

Those might bring the items you want to see to the top of the list.

Strangely, I've just done a such a search for "Triumph TR6", and there are are four used items just appeared, while the same search for "Triumph Vitesse" has the same total number of finds, but almost all of them are 'used'.    Maybe more Vitesses are being broken right now?

John

Also, for used items :

From the drop down menu under "Condition" at the top of the listings, click "Used" to narrow your search.

Eby2.jpg.83a32d9be3072319099a243e8bf9ad82.jpg

Or likewise, by scrolling down the left side of the page.

eby1.thumb.jpg.bea6d81bad2f3893629edf22f9bd0b25.jpg

Edited by Deggers

It now seems that whatever search terms are entered the results are peppered with random items with no connection and usually in huge swathes. 

Edited by Drewmotty

Thanks for the above all.

A bit better search, but it seems to be a negative step by e bay for sellers and buyers experience alike.

Why has PayPal withdrawn protection? 

2 minutes ago, PodOne said:

Thanks for the above all.

A bit better search, but it seems to be a negative step by e bay for sellers and buyers experience alike.

Why has PayPal withdrawn protection? 

No longer in the EU read the new terms carefully