Pinstripe or no pinstripe?

The pin stripe was on my car when i purchased it. Very subtle i think. I would not remove it.

Was it standard when first sold? 

08419126-B9BF-4EAE-AE5D-336F819E7DDE.jpeg

Hi I think the stripe transforms the TR6 and wouldn't be without it.

just be careful when washing and polishing to wipe from the middle to the end to avoid lifting the tape.

They were not factory fitted but put on by the dealers, often from new..

I normally do not care for pinstripes but have to say on your green car it looks just fine.

Alan G

Gets my vote on the TR6 - I feel they are very befitting a 1970's car.  Such fashion accessories in trim, details like number plates, and of course the car colours, tended to be different before and subsequent to that era.

Pete

6 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Think the pinstripe looks ace.

Thinking about putting one on my White TR4, is it easy to do?

John.

Easier than you’d expect John. Trick is to start at the rear and stick the end down before removing enough backing to offer up to each panel at a time before allowing it to stick.

I have a black pin stripe on my Pimento car.  As has already been said, I think it helps with'elongating the 'blunt' aero style.  Wouldn't be without it now.  Same for the black sills - although that may upset some afficianados but the car also does not have the sill finisher metal strips.