Surrey backlight trim adhesive

3 minutes ago, Stanford71 said:

First post to the forum, possibly of many.  Can anyone recommend a contact adhesive for fitting the vinyl trim to a Surrey backlight frame.  Is Evo-Stik 528 too aggressive?

I use this for all types of trim, its the best adhesive for all of those sort of jobs. https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1263-heat-resistant-adhesive

Stuart.

45 minutes ago, Stanford71 said:

One thing I meant to ask Stuart - will this adhesive show through the vinyl ie should it only be applied to 'out of sight' areas hidden by the windscreen rubber, furflex etc?

No because its a contact one you allow it to dry before fitting. You should only glue it around the edges anyway so that the material is "Floating"

Stuart.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Stuart

Having now painted and polished the backlight frame, please could I just sense check the order of attachment of the 6 trim panels before I 'go live' with the Woollies impact adhesive.

From photographs and looking at one two examples, it looks like the LH/RH lower panels (from the B-post to the rear curves of the frame; then the top piece that incorporates the two roof panel fixing bolt plates; then the long narrow lower panel above the H deck with the ends doubled over; and finally the two side plates, once the frame is bolted to the car, the edges of which are covered by the furflex and window rubber.  Does that sound about right?

It looks like the kit comes with plenty of spare material for trimming and adjustment. 

Regards, Simon