FACET Gold Flow fuel pump

My TR6 is running with carbs at present and for years 20+ I hade a Facet Automotive Electronic Fuel pump fitted, one of the early ones. It worked really well and was self regulating turning of whenever back pressure provided.

the pump gave up the ghost last year and there not being a direct replacement I selected a Facet Gold Flow pum, straight replacement fit for pipework and electrical.

The Gold Flow pump does not self regulate it runs all the time that power is supplied to it.

Has anyone a view on whether this is a good situation ? I am slightly concerned that it runs all the time

Thanks

1 hour ago, KOB said:

My TR6 is running with carbs at present and for years 20+ I hade a Facet Automotive Electronic Fuel pump fitted, one of the early ones. It worked really well and was self regulating turning of whenever back pressure provided.

the pump gave up the ghost last year and there not being a direct replacement I selected a Facet Gold Flow pum, straight replacement fit for pipework and electrical.

The Gold Flow pump does not self regulate it runs all the time that power is supplied to it.

Has anyone a view on whether this is a good situation ? I am slightly concerned that it runs all the time

Thanks

You will need to use a pressure regulator to ensure the carbs don't flood.

It's interesting as facet do produce some low pressure pumps - got one on the 4 but it doesn't switch off.

The Stag also has a low pressure SU pump that does seem to switch off when up to pressure which I think would do the job without a pressure restrictor.

I have used a Facet Gold for about 5 years, I have a Malpassi regulator and an inertia cut off switch from a junk yard Ford Fiesta.

I am pleased with the setup, car starts on the button and no real problems with fuel evaporation. Another plus is they are ethanol resistant.

I did look at the SU pumps which don't  require a regulator but cost was a bit to much

George 

Edited by harlequin

With the always great help from Southern Carbs at Crawley, pressure regulator and gauge on its way.

Thanks for input