Luminition on another Leyland vehicle

I helping friend with another well know 4 cylinder car, it has a Luminition system on it, but doesnt seem to want to work, very small spark,  and doesnt want to start,  I dont have any knowledge of this system, is there a good trouble shooting guide anybody could lead me too, to see if I can isolate which item is the problem please?

John

Basic stuff - does the car have a ballasted ignition John?  If so is there a full 12v on the coil supply terminal when cranking ?  If it is ballasted and there is only about 6v when cranking the ignition switch may be faulty.

Lumenition make a number of different systems, optical and magnetic and from simple switching types  to clever units with constant dwell, so it's difficult to know where to begin on fault-finding them. 

This is their guide for one of the optical systems which includes a fault-finding section:

https://www.gsparkplug.com/media/wysiwyg/technical-information/lumenition/PMA50_installation.pdf

I’m pretty sure i have a full optronic kit stored away somewhere ….. from when it was removed from my car to fit 123

so if you need spares or a comparison just let me know

steve

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the instruction sheets and the offer of parts, managed to get it running, it appears to be the key switch not making proper contacts, but it has a 1.0ohm coil, with a Lumenition sticker on the coil, on a ballast wiring, but Lumenition in their instructions say not to use an electronic coil, which I thought was 1 ohm coil, could anybody give any more info please, I thought the cars ballast system should use a 1.5 ohm coil?

John