Type O/D wanted for a TR250

Didn't put this in the classifieds due price and many ads being in there for a good while.

I have none O/D standard  box which I wish to convert an "A" type O/D any advice welcome, how did you do it.

Edited by pfenlon

To add a type J o/d my 4A gearbox I had to use a hybrid mainshaft because the J type has a metric spigot. I think adding a J type to a later TR250 just a standard new J type mainshaft will be required. And the adaptor between the g/b and o/d.

Alan.

• pfenlon changed the title to Type O/D wanted for a TR250

Hi Peter

It’s worth talking to Pete Eggington at ORS as he supplied all the bits to do the same job for me about 6 months ago. There are some obvious things but you can do a lot ‘while you’re at it’ to make for a much better operating box and OD unit for the same money.

regards

Tony

1 hour ago, Dennis Hobbs said:

Hi Pete

I have photos of converting staderd box to J Type O/D including rear mounting convertion and also gear stick with O/D switch in top.

If you think this may help pm me with your contact.

Dennis

Hello Dennis, thanks for  the info, but Its now at Overdrive Repair Services in Sheffield, being converted from a none O/D box to an A type O/D one.