Brake/Clutch Pipe Route

Hi All,

Next job is installing the brake and clutch lines and once again didnt take photos when took the car apart many years ago!

I'm after some pictures of the original route and fixings of the brake and clutch pipes showing them leaving the master cylinders, going across the bulkhead and down into the engine bay.

Hope that makes sense

David

944258585_post-9736-0-51standard.thumb.jpg.0330ef1ff512abed0bd9d8f028a52f6e.jpg

^ I think this may be a press photo, of a 4A.  Although I suspect the hydraulic pipe routing was the same on the TR4. The brake pipe appears to go straight down on the RHS to the chassis mounted T-piece (to front and rear brakes).

CIMG1911.thumb.JPG.05d4655b33a5bcb2db26eab01d1fb1df.JPG

^ However, it seems that many, if not most,  RHD TR4 / 4A's,  including my own TR4A, have both the brake and clutch pipes run across the top of the bulkhead like this one. Perhaps the TR4A chassis change (with no central X in the chassis) led to this change and so it ought only apply to the 4A ..and the b&w photo was of one of the pre-production cars (..used for testing, publicity and the press photo pack) ? 

^ This photo shows a very tidy car - that was probably converted from LHD, as it has bulkhead grommets for the steering column and cables for that, and a plate on the shelf to close the pedal box hole. 

P1420354s.JPG.c9584f17df5daf81f9ba348ce51ec840.JPG

^ On Katie,  my own non-standard (but original RHD) TR4A - I've moved the hydraulic pipes off the top of the LHS bulkhead shelf,  because this leaves the shelf clutter free for putting my tool roll onto, and because I think it looks a little neater.  

NB. at the moment I have a second pipe support clip off ..just by the bend beside the battery (on the RHS of this photo).  Under this clip's screw was the battery earth lead, and I've recently moved that to a captive nut on the bulkhead (near the fuel pump). Seeing this photo reminds me to refit that m-shaped double-pipe support clip.

Anyway I hope these help you in routing your car's plumbing,

Pete

Edited by Bfg

Plate Y in the Triumph WSM is a pretty good guide for the hydraulic and fuel pipes.

Ian Cornish

Edited by ianc