TR4A project car chassis

This is my OTT "Panzer" chassis:D ready for final paint.

My aim was to eliminate the rear chassis flex and twist that is inherent with the IRS chassis...Also to improve the poor welding in some areas ex factory.

Car will be a faux TR5 with a warm/hot 6 cyl TR engine accompanied by a Ford or Toyota 5 speed gearbox.

Lot of various sized RHS used to strengthen the weak areas, together with gussets, round and flat steel.

Yes, I know about the extra weight...Just have to add more horsepower.:rolleyes:

In answer to the question regarding the 2 flat steel plates welded to the diff bridges...they will be used as a base for a roll over bar, and possibly for a bracket to fit telescopic rear shocks.

IMG_1553.JPG

IMG_1552 (2).JPG

IMG_1542 (2).JPG

IMG_1543 (2).JPG

IMG_1547 (2).JPG

IMG_1545 (2).JPG

IMG_1548 (2).JPG

IMG_1549 (3).JPG

Edited by Malbaby
  • Malbaby changed the title to TR4A project car chassis

If you want to stiffen the chassis the best way is to add a full roll cage that starts at the front suspension turrets and ends at the rear chassis rails

Michael H