Brown wire on light switch lever

Hi all

I cannot quite understand what the brown wire is for on my light switch lever  because my car is a 1970 Tr6 and from my guess it’s for pass to flash which is only on the TR5?  Also it is not shown on the wiring diagram either (brown wire)

Secondly, I’m quite unsure how it actually works…

Richard

C97FC2A3-DA47-460F-B672-AFE659B5CBC1.jpeg

It is shown on the wiring diagram but the wire is shown as purple rather than brown. Purple is battery live and the contact connects this direct to to the blue/white wire which is high beam. 

flsh.jpg.0960fa25a2bb2f40fe9579d583a44b4b.jpg

23 minutes ago, michaelfinnis said:

Hi, the wiring diagram in the original triumph workshop manual shows the wire colour for the headlight flash as purple (P)p to a bullet connector, then brown (N) from there to the switch, as shown below.

Mike.

image.png.4e1a504bc7c7db903074899eaf58d799.png

image.png

Which is what confuses a lot of people when wiring up light switches as theyre looking for another brown.

Stuart.

1 hour ago, michaelfinnis said:

Hi, the wiring diagram in the original triumph workshop manual shows the wire colour for the headlight flash as purple (P)p to a bullet connector, then brown (N) from there to the switch, as shown below.

Mike.

image.png.4e1a504bc7c7db903074899eaf58d799.png

image.png

that makes more sense now!