Release bearing for B&B clutch cover

Just to close this out now, having received the new used shaft from RevingtonTR, I can confirm that the centre hole in my original cross shaft was in the wrong position.

With the 2 shafts on the bench the new one on the right the fingers are 1/4" higher at the pin centre location than the old shaft on the left. Having put that into the gearbox and mounted it,  the slave cylinder is now 0.693" below the end of the cylinder, so plenty of movement there, without it coming out. And the distance from the rear of the SC mounting bracket to the cross shaft middle hole is now 5 7/8".

I got a new fork to check to check mine out, but it was the hole in the shaft.

Will have to put a new roll pin in the shaft for safety.

I intend to fit the SC adjustable push rod with return spring to pull the bearing back and try and take some of the wear off the clutch fingers and the bearing. 

It's so satisfying to get this sorted at last, thanks RevingtonTR!

John

643336251_IMG_3857(2).thumb.JPG.e54bda0e8db0e365a8a9db51e6d3a96d.JPG

It has come to my attention that there is another alternative to the RHP thrust being which is made by INA for Luke clutches in Germany for the TR6 and is now only sold in the USA as a complete clutch Kit. SC car parts  here in the UK sell this Part individually as  bearing carrier and bearing assembly Part number 328991. The fact that INA maker the bearing part it is unlikely to be junk .

Bruce.