Model of 5VC TR4 Rally Car

56 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Wow have you read the caveats in the listing :o

As the person who bought the model, made the plinth, screwed it onto that plinth and had the metal plate engraved, then glued it on - it seems somehow sad to see this now for sale at auction. I hope it finds a good home. 

I’ve also given you an idea of the craftsmanship (or lack of) involved in its creation!!

I presented it to Graham at the 2019 AGM, held at Sywel Aerodrome and then interviewed him about his life, a precious and rare opportunity to put him on the other side of the interview!

Comes to us all in the end when we`re gone Im afraid, at least all the bits and pieces will go to a good home rather than in the skip.

Stuart.

Wayne and I are standing aside in the hope that the owner of the full-size 5VC (Tony Sheach) may win this model in the auction.

Ian Cornish

On viewing every item in this auction, I came across Lot 331, which is a large (19" x 19") original cut-away of the 1955 TR2 engine.

I consider this an item which the TR Register should attempt to acquire for the club's archive, so I sent an email to our Chairman, Wayne and Phil Horsley yesterday.

No reaction as yet.

Ian Cornish

Tony Sheach tells me that he will be bidding for Lot 331, the cutaway of the TR2 engine, as well as for Lot 326, the model of 5VC.

I have notified the club's Management so as to avoid an unnecessary bidding contest.

Of course, we cannot know who else might be interested in either of these Lots.

Ian Cornish