Starter solenoid Lucas BCA4501

Hi all

I'm on the lookout for a replacement starter solenoid for my TR4. Mine emits one click on the key but starts happily on the remote button. Occasionally it will start on the key but I guess something is sticking in the solenoid. I have cleaned and tightened all the connections but the 'click' is still there. I can buy a new 'Lucas' branded unit from Simon https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122177043608?hash=item1c7251bc98:g:9BAAAOSwI8VfhFOp  or a cheaper unbranded one from elsewhere but am sceptical of so many far eastern cloned parts.

Ideally I would like a good secondhand unit or NOS.

Is anyone able to help or advise please?

Andy

Just been through this, do not buy the cheaper non branded, had one of them and it didnt do anything straight out of the box!

Got a Lucas branded one (Yes I know its no the old Lucas ) works fine no problem, I also have a 63 yr old one that came off the same car originally and that still works no problem but too grubby/rusty to re-use.

Stuart.

I have a NOS unfitted but scruffy (patina’) unit. Not Lucas but Romax or Intermotor manufacture.  No box.   I got it in the mid 80’s so probably UK made.   It has a press switch for manual cranking that was deleted for safety reasons.
I have cleaned the bracket part to see what was stamped there.

£25.00 plus postage.

PM if interested

Peter W

175D57D1-8BA6-4B0C-9480-79CDC4A7435E.jpeg

A8D49A46-9D68-4F40-934E-5FD3F65CEBBE.jpeg

B905A77A-F556-4122-B711-99E866FA8991.jpeg

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Hi all

Thanks for the response everybody.

A friend of mine who has an MGB has come to the rescue  (Yes, you can have friends with MGs!). He had an untested one in his loft for 25 years and it works perfectly and is the correct original Lucas one.

Apologies to Richard who I couldn't respond to while away from my computer (On a short holiday in the TR4.)

Andy