Hi Brian,

wing mirrors were usually aftermarket, but my car had them factory fitted. They are more or less at the highest point of the wing, roughly in line with the bonnet fasteners. I am just going to work, but when I get home this evening I will try to remember to take a photo for you.

Ralplh

Crucially the position of the passenger side one wants to be visible from the driver's seat. 

Sounds obvious?

Yes it is until you realise that the centre rear view mirror might block your view of it.  This may be because you are not able to see the guard mirror over the centre mirror because of perhaps the driver's stature or the driver's seat cushion has sunk or collapsed.  Or both.

Quick fix might be to rotate the centre mirror glass part 180 degrees as the adjuster bobble is not fitted centrally, thus lowering the top edge of the centre mirror.  Or sit on an extra cushion.

Thanks. I have changed the centre mirror to a more modern configuration and is attached to the hardtop centre bracket on the windscreen.  I don't have a hardtop so no problem there. I found a mirror bracket at the local vintage car club and used existing glass so it looks correct. It is also much better to see over the boot bag on trips.

Edited by brian-nz
Added more information

Here you are Brian, the Photo of the mirror position on my motor, a bit further forward than I thought. I use a stuck on centre mirror at the top of the screen as the original mirror blocked some view, not only of the passenger wing mirror but a big chunk of the road in front too.  The mirrors themselves are not original but fitted the original holes and I find them excellent with a good view of the road behind (they have convex glass) and the rear wings which makes reversing into tight spaces easier too.  On the downside I invariably move them inadvertently when working under the bonnet and have to re adjust them before driving, another good reason for having them as far forward as reasonable.

Ralph

20220420_153309.jpg