A perfect day

After a year of hard work and wallet exercise I got in the car yesterday morning and just drove it for 2 hours with the lid down in the sun. Pretty much everything worked perfectly and I parked it back in the garage with that brilliant feeling of a job well done. The only little fault was the new temperature gauge was over reading but I already knew it was on the blink and had another new one ready for fitting, and even that’s sorted now. The EFI is now dialled in lovely, brakes and suspension like new (mainly because they are new) and a smart interior. Fantastic to get back to the feeling of connection with the car and road after all the years of modern cars.

Now back to finishing off a Maestro Turbo and a TVR, both of which are much less fun to work on which is why they’ve been on the back burner for a year. I can feel a GT6 coming on for Mrs FatJon as a winter project too.

A wonderful feeling, well done

Well done, hope you enjoy it hugely.