Master cylinder metal bits

My clutch was ab bit slow to engage but worked otherwise so I decided it was time for a rebuild.  The little wave washer on the inner end of the clutch master cylinder was completely flat, no wave in it at all. I don't know if that was my problem but the problem now is finding a replacement. They seem to be quite scarce. Lots of the catalog pictures show the part but after getting a couple of kits without the washer, I find that they have been eliminated from most kits. (I do have some used ones from old cylinders but would prefer new.) Anyone Know of a source and did that washer cause my problem? I also polished the bore as well as I could and will switch back to DOT4 from Dot 5.

I don't know how many times one can bent the tab on the thimble (11) and the hole for the pin is not getting any smaller. Those are not available either. Of course there is the whole new unit route, cheap and easy, but that idea is not appealing.

Tom