Tr6 brake pads

If original Girling brake calipers.

Measure the diameter of the pins that hold the pads in.

Early type are 1/4” diameter (6.4mm).  Use Girling pad type GDB 525.

Later type are 3/16” diameter (4.7mm). Use Girling pad type GDB 568.

You can fit the early pads in the later caliper and the pads will rattle.   If you can only get the later pads and have the 1/4” early pin fitting, drill/file the locating holes larger.

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

It is essential to replace all 4 pads to ensure identical friction material and even braking.

The pads should wear evenly anyway so if the wear pattern is not symmetrical it is an indication of a problem. (Sticking caliper piston, air in the system or defective flexi hose) which needs checking out and rectifying at the same time as fitting the pads.

Mintex 1144 are quality pads and readily available at a good price. Hawke pads are good but the outlets are few which bumps up the price. Not a fan of Greenstuff in TRs. 

Had mintex on mine and they have worked well including on alpine descents. Only issue is some squeeling when cold. 

Tim 

I have had excellent experience with EBC yellowstuff pads on several vehicles. I see that they are available for the TR6.  I don't have them on my TR6 as I have KFP Gold pads on front and back (rear discs). But I also have the tire compound that can utilize these style pads (RE-71R tires) The various KFP compounnds:

2005 - Orange  Color   * Average coefficient of friction .650. Stable friction at all temperatures up to 1200 degrees F. Designed for light-weight open wheel or cars with very-good ducting. Requires less pedal effort. 

2003 - Purple Color   * Average coefficient of friction .500. Good stable friction at all temperatures up to 1200 degrees F. Popular with those who use a trail-braking driving technique, similar grip but a better wear rate than the P1101.

P1101 - Red Color    Average coefficient of friction .530. High torque with moderate wear, for use in applications where thermal saturation is low. For use when under 600 degrees F operating and under 1200 degrees F spiking. Popular for formula cars with large and/or vented brakes. Not for use on aluminum.

P4211 - Blue Color    Average coefficient of friction .490. Moderate torque with low wear rate. For use in applications where thermal saturation is low to moderate. For use when under 800 degrees F operating and under 1500 degrees F spiking. Common uses are rear applications for OEM based road race vehicles, vintage road-racing sport racers and open wheel cars plus small calipers on formula fords.

P42A - Gold Color    Average coefficient of friction .470. Moderate torque with low wear rate. For use in applications where thermal saturation is moderate to high. For use when constantly over 450 degrees F operating temperature. Has the broadest thermal zone of these materials. Commonly used as a front pad material choice on larger vehicles