https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144504128912?hash=item21a51e0590:g:TBsAAOSwhE5iWA~1

This advertises just the engine, when the car looks quite reasonable.   and it started as a small-ad, fixed price at £950 (I think).  It's now £1050.

One heck of a price for just an engine!

John

Its obviously from a breaker thats all, nothing strange about that, theyre a licenced recyclers.

Stuart.

The car has to be broken up ie chassis crushed merely selling off what they can. Nothing shady about it. Some prices are on the high side but the o/d gearbox and engine are comparatively priced.

Alan G

The car was written off flood damaged and was advertised by Copart in Colchester in February 2015 so its being sitting around for a long time and if that engine was full of water not sure what the internals will be like. For those interested it is CP75463 and it did look to be a nice car before the flood and subsequent write off.

Derek  

Alan, "comparatively" priced?  Competitively?      The price of 2.5L engines for rebuilding has been rising recently, but this is the first at over £1000 I've seen.  And after being flooded, I fear that the accessories with this one are worthless.    I won't be bidding.

I think they are doing some illegal trading of parts too. There is a fire damaged Merc. AMG that they are selling parts off. I thought that a fire damaged car was classed Cat A and had to be destroyed in entirety?

A mate of mine fell foul of this having bought fire damaged DAX Cobra parts. In his case there was a YouTube clip of it burning at the side of the road. He had all sorts of issues with the insurance company and even plod got involved. He did eventually get his money back!