Wiper motor wiring

Can anyone help with the wiring of the wiper motor Type DR2. I have installed a new loom and most things seem to be OK, however the wiper motor is getting the better of me. There is the connection to earth as marked which runs via E of the control box, I then have 2 other connection terminals which I cannot figure out how they are switched, labelled 1 and 2? I have two wiring diragrams and both differ. The motor works until it reaches the isolator in the lid so I think it is the wiring which I have got wrong. :huh:

Advice would be very much appreciated.

Simon

Simon, as I understand the DR2 motor, terminal 2 goes direct to a live feed (live when the ignition is switched on) earth to earth as you say, and terminal 1 to the wiper switch with the other end of the switch to earth NOT a live feed. So unlike a single speed wiper where you switch the feed the DR2 has a permanent live feed and the wiper switch 'switches' terminal 1 to earth. Looks like a bit of juggling with the wiring on the new loom.

Hope this makes sense. If you can look at a 4 wiring diagram, this has the DR2 type motor.

Best of luck

Nigel (with wipers that park wherever you push the switch to the off position - TS952)

As a follow on I suggest you get a couple of pieces of wire and 'jury rig' it just to check so there are no possible nasties going through your new loom!!! <_<

Edited by Nigel Lay

Hi Simon

I posted with a wiper motor problem in July and ‘russa’ replied with a PDF of the motor electrics and gear etc, which I found very useful; its might be useful to you also: http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index....;hl=wiper+motor

Regards

Andrew

PS, how’s the screen coming on?