Goodwood…. Jeez!

It was a great meeting but I've been trying to find out the outcome of the horrendous crash on Sunday afternoon. One of the Frazer-Nashes was practically split in half and the ambulance heli was on hand for quite a while before the driver was flown off. But relieved to see this, put out by the Frazer-Nash Club:

"The Goodwood Members Meeting Frazer Nash race ended abruptly after an accident involving Paul Waine who was taken to hospital with chest injuries. He has broken his sternum and several ribs but is being extremely well looked after by the staff at Southampton hospital who have a positive outlook for Paul. ..."

I didn't see the accident happen but had been watching the 1930s chain gang Nashes in their practice race on Saturday. The leader was lapping at 1:37 which averages nearly 90 mph. Goodwood seems to attract a pretty berserk combo of pro and am drivers and there always seem to be a lot of crunches and near misses. 

No TRs on track this year but some great cars and action, and some nice sunshine.

Nigel

47 minutes ago, Bleednipple said:

It was a great meeting but I've been trying to find out the outcome of the horrendous crash on Sunday afternoon. One of the Frazer-Nashes was practically split in half and the ambulance heli was on hand for quite a while before the driver was flown off. But relieved to see this, put out by the Frazer-Nash Club:

"The Goodwood Members Meeting Frazer Nash race ended abruptly after an accident involving Paul Waine who was taken to hospital with chest injuries. He has broken his sternum and several ribs but is being extremely well looked after by the staff at Southampton hospital who have a positive outlook for Paul. ..."

I didn't see the accident happen but had been watching the 1930s chain gang Nashes in their practice race on Saturday. The leader was lapping at 1:37 which averages nearly 90 mph. Goodwood seems to attract a pretty berserk combo of pro and am drivers and there always seem to be a lot of crunches and near misses. 

No TRs on track this year but some great cars and action, and some nice sunshine.

Nigel

Nigel

+1, there was a nice Peerless parked up near Bonhams, and I did spot a couple of TR6s in prime parking areas, plus a few in the general car park.
Good news on the Fraser Nash driver, we had to ask what the delay was as we were on the other side of the track and no pa system coverage or cctv screens there (and fewer spectators for that reason).
The V10 era F1 cars sounded awesome and they were only going at Porsche pace / GMA pace car speeds..........although they were trying hard! The Le Mans cars were great also.
Proper racing in great classic and vintage machinery
Ian