4a lower bumpstop

Hi, just reassembling the rear suspension. Does the 4a have a lower bump stop under the damper arm? Doesn't seem enough room under there. 

Cheers

Dave

5 minutes ago, dpb said:

Hi, just reassembling the rear suspension. Does the 4a have a lower bump stop under the damper arm? Doesn't seem enough room under there. 

Cheers

Dave

Yes number 31 here https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/steering-suspension/rear-suspension/rear-suspension-tr4a-irs-axle-1965-67.html

Stuart

Hi Stuart. I have one of those but with the damper on there is no room as it is now. I guess then I'll have to jack up the spring and arm and make some room. 

Thanks 

Dave

And it helps if you put the bumpstop in first, especially when the bracket has been 'modified' by whoever put the damper conversion on (now in the bin) 

And,  after doing all the above and fitting new brake bits and pieces,   bleeding the brakes has shown that one of the new cylinders was leaking.  I took it apart and the inner piston seal was deformed - i.e.   not fitted properly.   Is there no end to the problems? (and the answer is "no"). 

Dave

====