Rear diff mount repair

Think this is possible, if you accept a lower quality. I had the body off so could weld the pins in the top side, properly cleaned, prepared, dimensioned and downhand.

Waldi

I had mine repaired and strengthened with the body on. The repairer cut a hole in the floor behind the seats made the repair and welded the floor back up. All hidden by the carpet. A good job I’d say and much cheaper/easier than taking the body off.

Cheers, Rob.

5 hours ago, Rob Y said:

I had mine repaired and strengthened with the body on. The repairer cut a hole in the floor behind the seats made the repair and welded the floor back up. All hidden by the carpet. A good job I’d say and much cheaper/easier than taking the body off.

Cheers, Rob.

Great idea...
As long as it's possible to check to see if the pins are in one piece then that's a good option .... thanks!!!

I haven’t done this with the body on although I’ve seen the aftermath and have done it with the body off. It’s possible but not great I would think, I think you’d make it mechanically sound in a basic way (depending on what the damage is) but it will be difficult to get it done really well and be sure of perfect alignment of the pins. I’d classify it as a make do for the time being repair, just an opinion.