Sad looking front end

You are also missing the lower finisher that clips under those little brackets across the top of the front panel. Best try the usual suspects i.e. TR Shop TR Bitz TR Trader. Revingtons etc.

Stuart.

Or give Conrad (Openroad) on here a chance he might have originals that will no doubt fit better.

Andy

4 hours ago, stuart said:

You are also missing the lower finisher that clips under those little brackets across the top of the front panel. Best try the usual suspects i.e. TR Shop TR Bitz TR Trader. Revingtons etc.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart, I looked into this and as it’s a 1970 model I was under the understanding that they didn’t have top and bottom finishers, but strangely there are tabs on it as you say.

There is a black sheet metal plate that clips around it and sits below the grille.

Waldi

1 hour ago, Waldi said:

I was referring to the black plate Rick, item 42:

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/grille-fittings-tr6-1968-76.html

Cheers,
Waldi

Yep, the 714831 is the lower grille finisher that sits below the grille, is held in place by the grille and the metal tags on the valance.

Originals were plastic dipped in satin black on steel, repro today I think are satin black powder coated steel.  The repro items I approved were a yummy fit on original valances..but that was in the 1980’s.

Another option is to grind off the tags from the valance and paint the area satin black to look like there is a finisher fitted.

I have a new repro item on my car, it came with the car when I bought it in 2015, but is of a very good quality (and thick powder coated) probably one of Peter’s yummies.

Waldi

The centre bar is an aluminium anodized profiel Rick, think you are better off with waiting until a SH pops up.

Waldi

This is what they mean

F0CC734C-BD4C-48B2-B72F-D84E9CAD2079.thumb.jpeg.ee64865b5d6043a3fb286129b755fd27.jpeg

7 hours ago, Ricks green TR6 said:

0EF4207F-86D3-447D-BCF6-5F1691BF508E.jpeg

F9C1BC43-7622-4F88-B84A-0D8EE9AF15C2.jpeg

Much better. Not so sad looking now!

Gareth

Edited by Mk2 Chopper

Looks great.