If CDs are "old hat", why not send new members an SD card or memory stick including the Technicalities content, along with any other "welcome pack" information. Ditching, (or putting the information away on the website) one of the best initiatives of any classic car club does not seem to make sense to me.
Ian

12 hours ago, Lebro said:

If I can find mine I can do you a copy to keep.

Bob

Thank you for the idea Bob.

I have copied the files to a dvd that seems to work on my wife’s windows 7 PC.

Peter W

34 minutes ago, cvtrian said:

If CDs are "old hat", why not send new members an SD card or memory stick including the Technicalities content, along with any other "welcome pack" information. Ditching, (or putting the information away on the website) one of the best initiatives of any classic car club does not seem to make sense to me.
Ian

Why not just make it accessible on the server of TR Register to members, or as a download. Most PC’s have plenty of HDD and processor power to have it saved in your files. A lot of PC’s don’t even come with a CD/DVD now.

Kevin

16 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

The technical articles area is not searchable

To do a search: select the relevant chapter: e.g. engine. Click on the "read the publication" icon. At the bottom of the page image there is a search icon, click on that and enter the search word or phrase. It works really well.

Mick

Edited by Mick Forey

Thanks Mick. I will give that a go. Meanwhile, I will be collecting a spare off of a local chap and someone is loaning their original too. So, as far as my request, I’m all sorted. But thanks again for your help. 

Greg

Greg. I have both the TR register intro DVD, & the technicalities CD. I can copy them both & send to you (to keep) if required.

No charge, just the postage.

Bob

Hi Bob,

I have the CD now, Chris Hale had a spare copy and he lives a few miles away, so I collected it. 
thank you very much for offering to post them both to me. Is the DVD good for newish members? 

thank you, Greg