Hi all,

thank you all for your responses. I think I have this sorted now. 
As soon as I have the CD I will upload it onto my Hard Drive  

Greg 

this is a bit of a long shot. 
Is the Tech’ CD still available? If not, does anyone have one I buy off them? I often see references to it on the forum, but they are no good without the CD. 

Thanks

Greg

Edited by Greg
Update

Have you contacted the Office?

The CD used to be  included in the Joining Pack for new members - did you receive a copy when you joined the club?

Ian Cornish

1 minute ago, ianc said:

Have you contacted the Office?

The CD used to be  included in the Joining Pack for new members - did you receive a copy when you joined the club?

Ian Cornish

Hi Ian,

Sadly no CD when I joined in October 2019. 
is it the normal number for the office? Last couple of times I didn’t receive replies to emails and no one was picking up the phone. 

Greg

I suggest that you send an email and try a call to the Office number.

I believe that Jo (Office Manager) was on sick leave, but is now trying to catch up with the backlog.

If the club is no longer issuing a copy of the CD to each new joiner, I think it a great pity as it is a really positive benefit when entering the TR world (and I don't say that just because a lot of my scribbling from 1970 onwards is to be found in there).

Ian Cornish

Hi Ian, thank you, I will drop them an email. 
I know if I had the CD I would be referring to it often, as the workshop manual is ok, but TR owners will know how to overcome issues that are not in the manual. 
off to email the office now. 

Greg

I thought the Technicalities CD was in digital format in the members section - just checked and can't see it apart from some technical articles  - have I missed it, and if it isn't there, shouldn't it be?

A lot of modern laptops/systems can't read a CD - I've been looking for a slot on my phone but I can't find one!

cheers Rich

Once you have the CD, I suggest you copy it onto your computer's hard disc drive - it saves a lot of time when you want to access some information (if only because you don't have to locate the CD which is somewhere in your office!).

If the CD is no longer available, please let me know as I will raise this with the Management!

Like Rich, I had a look for the CD, expecting to find it amongst the Videos etc in the main site - but it is not there.

If CDs cannot be read on more modern devices, then the content should be made available on something else - but I don't know what as my PC kit is, like its owner, ageing somewhat!

Ian Cornish

Technicalities CD was broken down into bite sized chunks and uploaded to the website: https://www.tr-register.co.uk/past-issues/category/technical-articles

They are fully searchable, once you have chosen the right chunk e.g. engine, gearbox, clutch etc.

As stated above, CDs are no longer readable by most current computing equipment.

Mick

Hi Mick,

sadly, it is no longer there. I’ve asked a few questions on here and have had some very helpful replies. However, I was hoping that I would be able to go to some of the links that I read about when looking through the forum, hence my diaries for a copy. I would be happy to send anyone a blank memory stick to copy it to, If that would not upset copyright, I am BBC a TRR member. 

Greg

I have just looked through the engine chunk, did a search under tappets and up came a number of hits, read some useful stuff, works really well. Did you login to the members section? Try to login first then, click on the link above, that sometimes works better.

Mick

Hi Mick,

Thanks, I will try again. I’ve not had any luck myself and yes I did log in. I must be honest, I’m a bit of a geek when It comes to stuff on CD’s etc, having been brought up on microfiche and the like.

Greg 

39 minutes ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

This question was raised lat year.    

Hi Blue,

I couldn’t find the subject when I searched for it. Though it does not answer the question. 

Greg

Yes that was my assumption.  The links to the main site are not functioning for me.
I cannot seem to access the main web site as it requires a different log in which I have now forgotten, if I ever set it up.

5 minutes ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Yes that was my assumption.  The links to the main site are not functioning for me.
I cannot seem to access the main web site as it requires a different log in which I have now forgotten, if I ever set it up.

That was another issue I had which took a lot of calls and emails. I ended up sorting it myself. All I did, was set up both using the same login details. Give it a go. 

Greg

Thank you.   I find the whole login process a bit of a challenge.   I will try your suggestion.  Part of the reason I gave up advertising in the classified section.

In the meantime did you get a copy of the Technicalities CD?   Like Ian I loaded the thing onto my Mac hard drive and also into a secret corner on my wife’s pc.   

OK, I have just set up login as you suggested and it worked.   The technical articles area is not searchable and contains little more than you will find on this forum.   
I will go searching for the cd    

Will pm you if I find it. 

You would be welcome to borrow it,

Cheers

Peter W

10 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Ok it’s packed and I have included a return address label to help.

Peter W

8 hours ago, Lebro said:

If I can find mine I can do you a copy to keep.

Bob