I was looking at the TAMAR strongman lift but it doesn't look like it will fit under my spitfire nor Mini, it's tight but it will fit under the TR. I also looked at the Clifton but that pushes the money up to £2.5k. I wonder if the quick jack would work as it looks like you can move the ramps to fit in specific areas. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

Do a search there will be pages of it. I've got the Strongman Clifton myself and it works very well, it just is able to have a TR or Stag on and I use a sliding repositionable crossmember to support the chassis or rear of engine at the front giving a 820mm working space down the centre of the car with both sets of wheels off the ramp and dangling for easy access. I bought mine secondhand (they do come up)  from Strongarm direct via e bay for £500 with no hydraulic controller, (snatchback from a contract company)very little use. I bought a generic Hyd controller off e bay for £250 (that's it on the wall on the left). Fitting the ramp in the floor (£150 by my on site builder) prevents tripping over the ramps sticking out either side of the car when it's over it (TRs are narrow).

P1010202.thumb.JPG.056f634a626051b23888c3998815a7ad.JPG

I looked at the Strongman Tamar and other similar lifts with the large central lifting hyd ram but decided there was too much hydraulic lifting ram and other junk between the ramps to give me what I wanted.  You need to decide carefully upon what you want, there are other generic limited lift scissors like this with full down car access on the market for just over £1100. 

Mick Richards

Hi,

We have one of these at the detailing department, TR's fit on a treat!

AS-7530D Garage Scissor Lift - Automotech Services Limited

Tom

2 hours ago, Tom Boyd said:

Hi,

We have one of these at the detailing department, TR's fit on a treat!

AS-7530D Garage Scissor Lift - Automotech Services Limited

Tom

As Tom says the Auto motech 7530D is a very similar lift with the same clearance between ramps. From memory they were £1700 ish when I checked. Similar spec other models as said about £1100 ish.

Mick Richards