TR5 ID plate in German?

Hi Kevin,

I think I looked at that car too (but not in the flesh). Does this car have the typical dent in the RH- inner wing?

Cheers,
Waldi

6 hours ago, KevinL said:

Hi,

I am looking at a TR5 currently in Germany.  Seller has provided a photo of the plate, but it is printed in German.  Car is RHD.  Is it a fake?

image.thumb.png.47ee43193551ca4521b4ab65fc39153c.png

Is there any body plates on the bulkhead right hand side, there should be one behind the clutch master cylinder. see below picture. Should be something like ***CP Also there should still be an original on the top of the left hand front inner arch.

Stuart.

IMG_4958 - Copy.JPG

Edited by stuart

This is a Genuine German importer plate from a TR6 which looks a lot different to that.

Stuart.

P1020236.thumb.JPG.b7cd21b8f87b124096291f4fd9277c4a - Copy.JPG

Stuart,

Off topic, but what's that block that you've used to connect the 2 bonnet release cables? I've welded an extra bracket for a 2nd cable on the right side bulkhead panel in my TR5 restoration but hadn't decided how I was going to connect 2 cables to the catch plate lever.

Also, just off to the right of your photo, what have you used to connect the operating cable to the peg on the Four Seasons heater control valve?

Dave McD

This is the one on my 5 

57EC968C-29C5-4A01-841C-6A2236516331.jpeg

On 4/5/2022 at 7:31 PM, Dave McDonald said:

Stuart,

Off topic, but what's that block that you've used to connect the 2 bonnet release cables? I've welded an extra bracket for a 2nd cable on the right side bulkhead panel in my TR5 restoration but hadn't decided how I was going to connect 2 cables to the catch plate lever.

Also, just off to the right of your photo, what have you used to connect the operating cable to the peg on the Four Seasons heater control valve?

Dave McD

There was a kit like that sold by Prestige a good few years ago.  Not sure if they still do it since Malcolm sold up.

Hi Dave McD

That is a picture of my car that Stuart has put up and yes Andy is right I bought that  block for the 2 bonnet release cables from Prestige

a few years ago, All works ok,

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Dave.

Andy/Dave, thanks for note about Prestige. I spoke to Stuart yesterday and he said it was your car Dave and he sent me a couple more photos. 
I’m travelling to Goodwood for Members Meeting tomorrow but I’ll try TR Trader who took over Malcolms’ business when I get back. 

Dave McD

Hi Kevin,

Why don't you ask Roger Ferris, The TR5/250 registrar, about this? He is very knowledgeable and helpful. He also may be able to unearth some history on the car.

Regards,

Denis