My 68 250 was royal blue, the shell is now free of all paint and underseal and in a fresh coat of primer. I thought I would find the RAL No for royal blue, but it seems like there are 4 differing Royal blues?

Which is the right one please.

P1080815.jpg

Triumph Code 56 is Royal Blue, however do be aware that colour can come out a bit too purple. If you want a really nice shade of it then talk to Ken from Ken and Lyn paints in Buxton and ask him for the mix he does for me as its a nicer darker shade.https://www.carrestorationpaints.co.uk/

Stuart.

IMG_4695.jpg

44 minutes ago, stuart said:

Triumph Code 56 is Royal Blue, however do be aware that colour can come out a bit too purple. If you want a really nice shade of it then talk to Ken from Ken and Lyn paints in Buxton and ask him for the mix he does for me as its a nicer darker shade.https://www.carrestorationpaints.co.uk/

Stuart.

IMG_4695.jpg

Fairly local too Pete :)

47 minutes ago, stuart said:

Stuart.

IMG_4695.jpg

I can certainly vouch for that, 'Stuart's shade' is stunning in the sunlight!

David

Hi Pete, the royal blue code 56 does have a small amount of purple in it, on mine you can only tell if it is parked underneath lights or in the garage with the lights on. If I was to have a re spray I would go for Stuart’s blue as have seen it and it does look nice and rich.

Mike redrose group 

D18A6F43-C590-4673-84E6-0CC678CE023C.jpeg

On a similar track - does anyone know a paint supplier who does colour scanning. I am  leicestershire based so ideally in the Midlands.

Got to repaint the door on the 6 and over 25 years it has faded from the signal red it once was (and still is inside the boot!)

When to once place that did scanning and they "tried" and ultimately came out with regular signal red - I could here one of the guys in the background swearing and saying he couldn't get it to work. He came out proclaiming it was identical to to the original colour.  Not going back there in a hurry. Got away with it on the rear vallance where it wasn't next to the original but the vent flap was clearly not a great match so put off doing the door.

37 minutes ago, Andy Moltu said:

On a similar track - does anyone know a paint supplier who does colour scanning. I am  leicestershire based so ideally in the Midlands.

Got to repaint the door on the 6 and over 25 years it has faded from the signal red it once was (and still is inside the boot!)

When to once place that did scanning and they "tried" and ultimately came out with regular signal red - I could here one of the guys in the background swearing and saying he couldn't get it to work. He came out proclaiming it was identical to to the original colour.  Not going back there in a hurry. Got away with it on the rear vallance where it wasn't next to the original but the vent flap was clearly not a great match so put off doing the door.

Go and ask one of your local main dealers of moderns where they get their cars painted and follow that lead, before you take it for scanning give the panel a light flat with 1500 w/dry and then repolish it back to full shine with Tcut then you`ll get a better result with the scan. Do be aware though that red is one of the most difficult colours to match due to UV fading. Its often easier to blow in down the whole side and lose it over the top of the front and rear wing than just painting the door on its own.. I have completely repainted a red car car before now as it just wasnt possible to lose the difference in colour.

Stuart.