• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, RogerH said:

If a magician can do that imagine what God could do  :blink:

Roger

16 hours ago, Hamish said:

Quite a lot, he got his son to walk on water after all. 

'Impossible' events in biblical tales also appear in the paranormal literature.

Shadrak, Meshak and Abednego displayed fire immunity. DDHome the victorian medium could hold a glowing coal cupped in his hands.https://vdocuments.mx/nandor-fodor-encyclopaedia-of-psychic-science.html?page=312

The resurrection from a cave sealed with a rock is frequently reported as 'matter-through-matter' events experienced by UFO abductees, mediums and poltergeists. https://www.encyclopedia.com/science/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/matter-passing-through-matter

Ezekiel's wheel resembles descriptions of  some UFOs.

There are parallels between UFO phenomena and the miracle of Fatima: https://evilangel.blogs.sapo.pt/46233.html

God moves in mysterious ways !! 

Peter

Of course Blaine uses a 'trick' - he's a magician.    If I knew how he did it, I wouldn't explain, becaue that spoils the pleasure of 'magic', but if that trick were as mundane as inserting a video clip, where the crane hoisting him isn't seen, why are his audience amazed and surprised?   Or, are they all actors?

They cannot be actors.  Magicians perform their magic in front of paying audiences, who would storm the stage is something as crude as you suggest is shown them!     Much stage magic is as  amazing to the audience as anything that might be described as "paranormal", but if the 'trick' is explained the viewers are always disappointed, because it is clever, but so  mundane, which why magicians never do explain!   But the 'trick' NEVER involves paranormal powers or extraterrestrials!

John

12 hours ago, john.r.davies said:

Of course Blaine uses a 'trick' - he's a magician.    If I knew how he did it, I wouldn't explain, becaue that spoils the pleasure of 'magic', but if that trick were as mundane as inserting a video clip, where the crane hoisting him isn't seen, why are his audience amazed and surprised?   Or, are they all actors?

They cannot be actors.  Magicians perform their magic in front of paying audiences, who would storm the stage is something as crude as you suggest is shown them!     Much stage magic is as  amazing to the audience as anything that might be described as "paranormal", but if the 'trick' is explained the viewers are always disappointed, because it is clever, but so  mundane, which why magicians never do explain!   But the 'trick' NEVER involves paranormal powers or extraterrestrials!

John

John,

There is a saying about horses and water....................You need to read the book in order to make informed comments.

I have  read extensively into the paranormal and  UFO/UAP phenomena, around 300 books. And it is blatantly obvious to me that current science  cannot explain these events. And hoaxing and your magic are also impossible explanations. As a scientist well  versed in research - with five papers published in Nature - i am shocked by the sheer weight of evidence for human levitation. It is enormously important that it be studied with new measurements.  Here is the rough abstract of  a paper I am writing:

===========================

Juxtatime.

A testable hypothesis of an adjacent world with reciprocal time and gravitation.

Peter H Cobbold, Emeritus Professor of Cell Biology, University of Liverpool, UK

The 'juxtatime' hypothesis embraces a second form of time and of gravitation as a local property of matter. Juxtatime is reciprocal to ambient time, as is juxta-gravity. This symmetry ensures as one diminishes the other increases. It is a testable,working hypothesis derived from time and gravitation anomalies reported in the 'paranormal' literature. These rare but repeated events embrace human levitation, poltergeists, physical mediums and UFO/UAPs. The hypothesis has potential for explaining time-related psi phenomena such as NDE/OBEs, precognition, remote viewing, reincarnation. Juxtatime and juxtagravity point to new physics. Tests are proposed.

Outline of the hypothesis.

Levitation of matter, including humans, is established beyond reasonable dismissal by informed scientists. Numerous reports are found in the literature on catholic clerics (Grosso,Eire) physical mediums, and poltergeists (Dennett). The levitator's mass loss conflicts with the fundamental physics imperative that mass-energy must be conserved. To take one example, the reduction in weight reported for the Warsaw medium Kluski of at least two-thirds ( ca 50kg) should have released enough energy to obliterate most of Poland. The Hiroshima weapon converted just 700mg of matter to energy, as predicted by Einstein's E=mc^2. So we must ask: where does mass go during levitation? The hypothesis proposes mass enters another gravitational field. This juxtagravity is reciprocal to familiar gravity: as the levitated matter loses mass – reported as weight in familiar gravity – it gains mass in juxtagravity. The effect is local to the levitated matter. Gravity is an acceleration with 'seconds' as a unit. Juxtagravity therefore predicts 'juxta-time' and conceivably a 'juxta-world' in which we ourselves have a 'juxta-corpus'.  The juxta concept has broad explantory power throughout paranormal phenomena. Measurements of time-rate in levitating experiencers should be a priotity for science.

===============

In short, I see a paradigm shift in understanding 'time'

Peter

There is so much we do not understand in every walk of life.

Only the flat earthists can easily  deny the unexplained  because they can only see/touch their reality.

However jumping out of ones 'reality' is a very brave step.

I don't bother with UFO's etc as they don't bother me but 'odd' reality needs an eye keeping on it.

Roger

1 minute ago, RogerH said:

There is so much we do not understand in every walk of life.

Only the flat earthists can easily  deny the unexplained  because they can only see/touch their reality.

However jumping out of ones 'reality' is a very brave step.

I don't bother with UFO's etc as they don't bother me but 'odd' reality needs an eye keeping on it.

Roger

Hi Roger,  For me it's good fun exploring the unknown.! Peter

Thank you, Peter.    I know you well enough to respect your scientific background.  But it is unfortunate that the first lines of your draft quote "catholic clerics, physical mediums, and poltergeists"  as evidence for the hypothesis, stripping it of all confidence.

Such charlatans have been discredited by, among many, James Randi who is himself a professional magician.  If a few examples escape that condemnation, so do the Standard Models  of sub-atomic and universal structure, both of which cannot explain fully what is observed.  Quantum Theory is one of the best tested in all science, but it cannot account for gravity, for which no 'graviton', the energy transmitting particle, has never been demomstrated.   

In seeking explanation of the structure of the Universe, the Many Worlds theory does suggest that other universes exist alongside our own, "juxtaworlds" if you like.   I would suggest that your hypothesis should be directed towards the interpretation of Richard Feynman and his successors.

John

6 hours ago, john.r.davies said:

Thank you, Peter.    I know you well enough to respect your scientific background.  But it is unfortunate that the first lines of your draft quote "catholic clerics, physical mediums, and poltergeists"  as evidence for the hypothesis, stripping it of all confidence.

Such charlatans have been discredited by, among many, James Randi who is himself a professional magician.  If a few examples escape that condemnation, so do the Standard Models  of sub-atomic and universal structure, both of which cannot explain fully what is observed.  Quantum Theory is one of the best tested in all science, but it cannot account for gravity, for which no 'graviton', the energy transmitting particle, has never been demomstrated.   

In seeking explanation of the structure of the Universe, the Many Worlds theory does suggest that other universes exist alongside our own, "juxtaworlds" if you like.   I would suggest that your hypothesis should be directed towards the interpretation of Richard Feynman and his successors.

John

Read Dennett's book John. Levitation IS real. Once you have assimilated the evidence then we can have an informed debate.

Many Worlds is completely different from the Juxta hypothesis. Juxta builds upon local anomalies in 'time' . And gravity is an acceleration with 'time' as component.  Unfortuentely physics does not understand 'time', different branches use different concepts. Most deny it flows, adhering to Einstein-Minkowski  block time ( also needed for MW). The Pons family of physicists have proposeed time is a property of matter, not a universal dimension ( https://cordus.wordpress.com/2013/01/15/time-as-a-property-of-matter-rather-than-space/    My idea looks similar in that 'time' can be local to matter, but I argue from a large observational base, not theory.

Gravity is defined in classical physics by Newton's G which has no deeper origins. G has to be measured and put in by hand. Physics has assumed G applies cosmos-wide. But the only place where G has been measured is on earth and within the soalr system ( satellite trajectories) The entire Dark Matter effort ($billion) relies upon G being the same here as in other parts of the milky way and other galaxies. Here is recent paper outlining the problem with the lack of any deeper base for 'big G': https://www.mdpi.com/2218-1997/8/9/454       section2: "The gravity constant has SI units of m3·kg−1·s−2. It would be strange if anything physical had units: meters cubed, divided by kilograms, and seconds squared."  Now....we ask 'how long is a second?'. The paranormal events that interest me reveal that their seconds can be much bigger, or much smaller, than our familiar ambient second.  That's why levitation is important, as is its opposite when experiencers become mcuh heavier than usual !! - see Dennett for several examples.   

Peter

Edited by Peter Cobbold