Battery replacement on a Qualcast hedge trimmer.

Well done Bob. Please carry on and finish the job. 
If you are not careful I will ask for help on the new Cleveloc nuts on my prop shaft.

Thanks Richard & B

Sunny afternoon here in Sussex and the propshaft looks more interesting now that the hedge trimmer is sorted out. The dog needs a walk first and it looks like a storm at mid night 

Thanks , Richard & B

For the technically minded, The charger is not, as I had assumed, a Delta voltage type, but is in fact a timed charge at "high" current, dropping to a trickle charge after a set period of time. The timer function is done with a digital chip CD4541BM. This is reset on connection of the battery, & runs for a period of time governed by an RC network (clock) & a programmable counter. Having restored it's power supply to be DC only ! It does not ever time out, so a little more work required, but I will get there.

Bob

Well done Bob. The sun and light rain is making everything in the garden grow very fast. The lawn needs cutting after 5 days now instead of a week. Luckily I have an old Hayter ride on which always starts even after a long winter holiday. The carb needs cleaning but it will have to wait until the TR is back on the road.

Thanks Richard & B

Richard.

Ready for collection, or I could try & post them.  For information, there was a "blown" transistor (mosfet) in the charger, possibly due to the unsmoothed DC being applied to it from the damaged mains power "brick".

The charger works by applying a full charging current (340mA) for approx 3 hours, it then drops to a much lower current, which can be left on for a much longer period (say overnight)  The battery has all cells replaced with new.

By the way Keith, I tied the website you suggested, but was not able to order anything from it, & failed to contact them in anyway, I think they may no longer be in business.

Bob

The battery is working very well and the hedge is looking more controlled. I am preparing the TR for a two day " Fair " which is only 3 miles away and I am on display. It is surprising how it needs some hours work just to stop it getting a bit rough.

Thanks for the battery/charger answer.

Richard & B