1955 TR2 project - i need a Lockheed rear hub - disc wheel

All,

I started to work on the Lockheed axle on my TR2 project (see link below).  I have found that the splines on the hub have been warn down, creating movement between the shaft and the hub.

If anyone has a serviceable Lockheed hub for the steel disc wheel, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Thank you in advance.

Graham

https://www.triumphexp.com/journal/1955-Triumph-TR2-Project-TS7831L.6259/toc

• 3 weeks later...

As a follow up, and for future reference.

In my hub hunt, of which many members of this forum, and other contacts, have been very helpful in offering parts and other contacts who may have parts.

So far, I know of two confirmed hub variants, and a possible third.

Variant 1, are the ones I have on my axle, axle # TS8349.  This variant has a OD measurement of approx 1.63' on the surface where the oil seal rides.  

Variant 2, are the ones that have been sent to me by a local TR2 owner.  This variant has a OD measurement of approx 1.50' on the surface where the oil seal rides.

Variant 3, is of similar overall appearance, but is flat on the wheel mounting side, without the recess for the tapered spline washer that is talked about above.

All three of the variants listed above, have the same spline.

In looking at the Moss catalog, there are two oil seal offered, with a reference to a change at TS5555.  I have received information, that this change was the size of the hub boss, I assume this is the area of interest I am talking about above.

I have messaged Moss asking for the OD and ID for each of the seals, but no response yet.

So, I maybe able to use the hub I have been sent, with the early seal, as all other components of the axle assembly seem to have not been changed.

I will keep you posted.

Graham

For reference, and to show all the non-Lockheed owners out there what this conversation is all about, I am adding some pictures.

Graham

IMAG2401.jpg

LOCKHEED HUB BACK.jpg

LOCKHEED HUB FRONT.jpg