I have 4 pot calipers fitted to my 6, added as part of a rebuild by PO. I am in process of fitting new discs and of course pads and hit a very frustrating problem.

My own notes from a previous brake clean and new pad fitment shows that the caliper pad set-up is from a 79 - 83 Toyota Hilux 2.2 Petrol 4 wheel drive pick-up.  I used this info to buy pads previously.  However looking at brake manufacturers catalogues on-line that make and type of vehicle is no longer listed so I have begun the trawl through on-line data to try and identify the pads that I need. I am not having much success. I can find pads which are similar in structure and shape but are physically too big, and pads that are the right size but incorrect shape.

Hence my question - has anyone with Toyota 4 pot calipers (see pic) got the manufacturer/part number of any suitable pads (as per the images attached). As you can see from the pic the overall length of the pads is 106mm.

All info greatly appreciated. Many thanks

TonyC

IMG_1666.jpg

IMG_1669(1).jpg

IMG_1667(1).jpg

IMG_1670.jpg

I may be wrong,  but I think the discs are on the wrong sides,  I thought that the grooves should throw the other way than in your picture above,  but I may be wrong, somebody will correct me I'm sure.

John

I have 4 pots but vented rotors. I believe it’s the same pad. I had one set that was slightly oversized but a quick file fixed them. For me, I found the pads available were wooden at best. Ted Schumacker at TSI made a set from KFP gold material. A bit messy but an excellent pad, carbon Kevlar mix.

56850229-185B-486B-B608-750B3DC27FF1.jpeg

Hi Peter

i have the 4-pot toyota caliper in my 6 and the pads are as attached spec sheet, which lists their size and lots of alternative part numbers.

i go with the Mintex pads myself.

Steve

15A94753-FB3D-446C-A555-B634F324BA4E.png

Thank you all. Valuable info as always.

JohnL - well spotted thanks. Brain fade on my part. It's fixed now.

Harlequin - Relining was an option as there are surprisingly a lot of places that will do it. I will do this and keep the set for next time.

I've got a set of the Blue Print pads which look OK. Fingers crossed - from Ebay no less, but reputable perhaps from CARPARTSINMOTION.

The other sources I have added to my 'database', including Steve's cross reference chart - invaluable.

Not a bad result after the local auto store, having tried to get the BluePrint pads told me that all parts for 'that' vehicle were obsolete.

Cheers,

TonyC