Which Distributor.

Afternoon all, went for a run out this morning and ended up coming home on this. All things are are looking like the old 123 distributor has finally given up after 20 years, what are you recommendations for a replacement distributor, and where to perches one from. I don’t know if Distributor Doctor sells new. Other problem being we go away in the TR in a fortnight so need to pick one up soon.

Mike redrose group 

36A1DB96-A3A0-4BA7-9B1F-4BB1581C61C6.jpeg

Edited by BRENDA1

Definately worth giving Martin a ring, He probably can sell you a refurbished standard one correct for your car. If you want to keep it "pointless" fit a Pertronix unit to it (Martin can supply & fit if required)

Bob

Edited by Lebro

Could probably find you a core unit if Martin needs one for exchange Mike.

Stuart.

Mike you can use the one off the old engine if you like

its got an accuspark in it and I have a spare accuspark  if you don’t get sorted in time. 

you know where I am 

H

51 minutes ago, BRENDA1 said:

Thanks to the above, I have been in contact with Martin at Distributor Doctor nice to have a chat with him about a new distributor. And a great service in the post tonight.

Mike redrose group 

Martin is great for service like that thats why I always use and recommend him.

Stuart.

Last year the Pertronix dizzy (that the OP fitted) mechanical advance mechanism failed. I decided to go back to a stock one (with points), and contacted “British Vacuum Unit” here in the States (similar to Distributor Doctor). Not only do they refurbish the stock distributors, they verify the advance curves are correct. After install, the car ran beautifully. 

Jim

Afternoon all new distributor arrived at dinner from Martin, took out the old unit after timing it all moved new coil on wing, fitted new distributor and set up turn key and see starts straight up. Just getting it to room temperature to put strobe light on for final adjustments, thanks again to Doctor Martin,

Mike Redrose group 

4B7CAFB1-532F-49B7-8E7E-95F219C45639.jpeg

fantastic service from DD and a great result Mike

sounds good from here :o

On 3/20/2022 at 2:38 PM, BRENDA1 said:

Afternoon all, went for a run out this morning and ended up coming home on this. All things are are looking like the old 123 distributor has finally given up after 20 years, what are you recommendations for a replacement distributor, and where to perches one from. I don’t know if Distributor Doctor sells new. Other problem being we go away in the TR in a fortnight so need to pick one up soon.

Mike redrose group 

36A1DB96-A3A0-4BA7-9B1F-4BB1581C61C6.jpeg

Mike, I too was an early adopter of the 123, fitting a non-tunable version in July 2007. I have done nearky 70K miles since with no trouble whatsoever from the 123, including over 10K miles Continental touring. Since your car now runs fine with a replacement distributor the 123 seems confirmed to have been at fault. i would be interested to know what the problem was with it should you find out in due course.

Tim