Clutch disc TR3A wear

Hello everyone,
What do you think of the wear on this clutch disc ?
I know that all clutch discs are not necessarily grooved and this one seems to show regular wear.
It is in this condition on both sides.
While driving, the clutch does not slip...

IMG_20220318_164443.jpg

Are all the springs secure and there is no rattle when the plate is shaken?

How far will you drive the car in the next few years? 

What state is the pressure plate/cover in?

If in UK.  - Send it here with the cover for reconditioning.

http://www.precisionclutch.co.uk/

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Looks to me as though it is hardly bedded in, loads of life left in it, however the price of a new one makes it hardly worthwhile putting it back in.

Ralph

I’ve also been told it is better to change- and used it 10 more years / 35,000 miles. 

Than changed it while a good occasion - and still found it in good condition!

Please measure and also show a photo from the other side.

There has been poor quality on the market, this is only possible to see from the other side.

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320

Sadly, when I asked that question 10 years ago at a German forum I got no answer and found no informations.

Now, with the TR4A-TR6 diaphragm clutch cover my experience with the friction plate is this:

8.0 mm —> new

7.5 mm —> slightly used

7.0 mm —> half way

6.5 mm —> change when you got the occasion

6.2-6.0 mm —> worn

With the old spring cover it could be slightly different.

Simply check the gap between clutch cover and fly wheel the moment when you just still can spin the friction plate by the mandrill, the moment before it is tight.

Your friction plate is NOT the poor quality.

I have photos from my friend Wolfgang of the poor quality, but can’t show now.

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320

I wonder about "Ghaur" being up and leave without telling his name, any "hi" or "thank you".

And I ask myself: does it make sence to spent the time at the internet to answer questions to unknown "friends"?

The answer seems to be "no"

1 hour ago, Z320 said:

I wonder about "Ghaur" being up and leave without telling his name, any "hi" or "thank you".

And I ask myself: does it make sence to spent the time at the internet to answer questions to unknown "friends"?

The answer seems to be "no"

Don`t be too harsh, he is maybe just busy.  It is because of the help and advise I got on here that keeps me coming back and occasionaly helping if I can.

Ralph

1 hour ago, Ralph Whitaker said:

Don`t be too harsh, he is maybe just busy.  It is because of the help and advise I got on here that keeps me coming back and occasionaly helping if I can.

Ralph

+1

same for me but I’m still an apprentice so can’t add many wise words or experience !!!

perhaps the OP is spannering rather than typing. 

we all know gearbox fitting can be frustrating……. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2022 at 6:32 AM, Ralph Whitaker said:

Looks to me as though it is hardly bedded in, loads of life left in it, however the price of a new one makes it hardly worthwhile putting it back in.

Ralph

Yep would totally agree doesnt look to be much wear at all, how ever as you have it apart !!!   Check the flywheel face with a straight edge and dial gauge if you have any doubts .Having got it apart its worth checking .. had to have mine refaced  and it was worth the effort 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Z320 said:

To say „thankyou“ seems to become unusual at this forum.

I‘m not pleased about that at all.

I’ve noticed the same Marco, and it’s sad such a basic and universal courtesy is being neglected. I don’t just see this on this forum though. It is across many forums on the internet, maybe an erosion of face to face courtesy caused by a screen and a keyboard.

Mick Richards

Does seem to be an increasing trend in society at  large,  dont think there is an excuse for a lack of good maneners, even if ewnglish is not your first language

cheers

Steve

22 hours ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

I’ve noticed the same Marco, and it’s sad such a basic and universal courtesy is being neglected. I don’t just see this on this forum though. It is across many forums on the internet, maybe an erosion of face to face courtesy caused by a screen and a keyboard.

I think part of the problem these days is that everybody is used to asking “Fred Google” for help, where we do not need to introduce ourselves by name and do not need to say “Thank you” when we get an answer.

I do wonder if some people think forums are all run by bots using Artificial Intelligence, and there are not real people sitting by a keyboard typing the answers in.

I tend to go too far the other way.
I have an “Alexa” (mainly to listen to digital radio).
If I want to ask her the time, all I need to say is:

“Alexa, time.”

But I find myself saying:

“Alexa, please can you tell me the time.”

And when she does, I say “Thank-you”.

Well…
It must get a bit lonely for her, sitting in that little box on her own all day.
I like to think my “Thank-you” cheers her up a bit.

Charlie.