County pistons CP800K: skirt clearance?

Hi TR6-folks,

I've posted my question in the GT6-forum already, but I guess I should ask you guys, since we share the same blocks and pistons :-)

I've got new county pistons which miss the datasheet.
My machinist is asking for the clearance he should account for when boring the block (GT6, should be identical to TR6).
The part number is: CP800K
Manufacturer is "County". But I cannot look them up in the internet!

The rimmerbros item number is 149976 (https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-149976020COUNTY)

The pistons are 20 thou oversize.

My machinist says, that the info in the workshop manual and Vizard might not be valid for that particular brand/make of the piston.

I am happy for your input :-)
thanks
Daniel

Ask Classic and Modern Engine services.    
I think They were once part of the business that produced County branded stuff.  Not now though.

As reconditioner and machine shop they will probably use these pistons on a regular basis.

http://cmesuk.com/

I would ask your supplier (Rimmer), they will have a direct contact with the fabricator. If the design (shape) and metallurgy are the same (more or less), I would follow the WSM.

Waldi

+1

I bought +20 thou County pistons from Chris Witor for a 2.5 litre saloon engine I built for my GT6 a few years ago.  The machinist who rebored the block followed the same clearance spec John mentions above. He also said the 6 pistons were remarkably consistent in their dimensions. 

The engine runs very well and has so far clocked up about 3,000 trouble free miles. 

Nigel